Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just scrappin' away

July was my month to be on the online design team for ScrapGoods and I wanted to share what I've been working on. Each month they feature a new technique to learn. This month was printmaking with foam and with an acrylic plate. Hope you like what I came up with!

I love this photo of Mom and Dad on the beach. The vintage paper looks quite nice with it too! I used the acrylic plate and a mask to make the title block. Basically you cover the plate with slow-drying ink and take a stamp to remove some of the ink. Then you place your paper on top and rub firmly to get the image to transfer. The title stamps are Clearly Wordsworth - Small Happy - the same ones you have Mom, OK?! I used part of some of the letters to make the numbers (part of the "k" to make the "1", part of the "q" to make the "9", and part of the "g" to make the "6").














Here's another layout of me in 1973 (what a cutie, huh?!) I just finished this one yesterday... I may add some journaling to it, but I'm not sure just yet. No printmaking on this one... but a lot of stitching for the stems and leaves, as well as sticthing a photo corner with the title and chipboard button.















Finally, here is a newer shot of my new flip flops. This year I vowed to avoid sneakers as much as possible and let my feet show... whether I thought that they looked cute or not! So far, so good... and much more comfy! Made the patterned paper with the acrylic plates again on this one.
















Take care everyone!

Much love,
erin

1 comment:

Geri said...

Oh I love the flipflop LO. My niece is coming to stay the week with me and one of the crafts we are doing is decorating flipflops... I may have to photograph them and scraplift your LO.
Grat job!!!