Saturday, March 7, 2009

The last of the new stuff!

I finally got everything off of my camera and loaded into Photobucket... so here goes!


I totally love this layout... I love the photo that I caught of A~ running on the playground Thanksgiving 2007. She is having a great time and doesn't even notice that I'm snapping away. A lot of the pics I took that day were blurry... or I wasn't fast enough to catch her in the frame... but this one captures her spirit so well. I was thrilled when I saw it! I distressed the papers and photo edges to fit the feel of the picture. I also punched circles from the papers and crumpled them up before placing them on the page. I wanted to get the magical feel of bubbles floating through the air. The large chipboard corner is filled with blue-green beads to add some more texture.




Here are my March cards... both featuring flowers... it's springtime (almost) after all!

The first has a flower layered over a cardstock sticker from the Marrakech line... it's actually a peacock-designed sticker... but you can't tell with just the tail peeking out. The ribbon was some that I saved from the packaging of a bulb-forcing kit I picked up on sale at Jo-Ann's.



The second card is one of my favorite basic designs... a bunch of boxes with one box missing and filled with something else. In this case it is a flower cut from the blue patterned paper. I just followed the pattern and then used a pencil to curl up the edges of each petal. A tiny button makes the perfect center! :)



I need to get moving and enjoy our beautiful weather... more later!


much love,
erin

2 comments:

Jen said...

Gorgeous!!!

Ruth said...

Love that LO!! The colors are gorgeous & the picture is delightful!!