Thursday, February 7, 2008

Signs of Spring

It may be only February... but spring is definitely on the way! This weekend I saw three clear signs that spring is coming....

First, I bought a weeping pussy willow a couple of weeks ago. Saturday all the buds were popping out like crazy... just lovely!

When I took those pics, I noticed that my lavendar has flowers on it too! OK, so one tiny cluster of flowers... but if you look closely they ARE there! :)

The third sign... well, I heard this annoying noise and realized that it was a fly up against the window a buzz, buzz, buzzing. Yuck... but it's spring. No picture for this one... I'm sure that's ok!

Yesterday was record highs... 74 degrees... wow! By Sunday we will have a high in the 30's. Spring has a lot of ups and downs. Bummer!

Until then I'll have to gaze at the weeping pussy willow... and keep A~ from rubbing all the buds off! Today the buds have gotten really fat and fuzzy... I guess the flower is in full bloom here. It's hard to see in the picture. Hopefully I can try to get a better shot this weekend with some natural light. Pretty cool!


much love,
erin

No comments: