Saturday, September 13, 2008

Firsts

Now that school has started, I can say honestly say that I feel a whole new level of stress and relief. Stress that there are extra calendars to keep up with, stress about new deadlines, and stress that bedtime is earlier than even and I need to make the most of the time I have with A~ in the evening. On the other hand, there is relief. Relief that A~ likes school, relief that she's adjusting just fine - even without the daycare experience, and relief that she is willing to take a quick bath every night instead of the extra long ones that we used to indulge in (this could be due to my mommy creativity and the development of the "car wash" bath... it involves sudsing up two mesh scrubbies and bathing my little girl as though she is going through a car wash... complete with sound effects, of course!).

The first day went really smoothly for her... and luckily we survived too. Here are some shots of her waiting for the bus, walking into school (yes, we drove to school to watch her), and running off the bus to give Papi a big hug.







Other firsts... I scrapped a picture from Bolivia. I tend to hold onto these, as well as other vacation pictures, because I'm not sure if I want to keep them separate from the day to day pics or not. This layout is Sergio's mom with A~ the first time that we visited... so A~ is 2 years old in the photo. There is a lot of flocking on the layout... since that is the technique this month over at ScrapGoods. :)



much love,
erin

2 comments:

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Love the LO!!!

ladynurse4 said...

You have been tagged

The "rules" of the game are as follows:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

Write six random things about yourself...




Love the LO, the flocking adds such oommph!
Good to catch up on your news.