Saturday, December 13, 2008

Follow that Star!

I am SO excited to finally have a star on the top of our Christmas tree. I've been searching for about 3 years for an acceptable topper. I thought about a bow like on Mom's tree... but decided to use that as a backup... I really wanted a star. And there are lots of stars out there, but too many of them are just plain tacky! I didn't want flashing lights or crazy colors or any of that jazz... just a pretty star with white lights. Actually I found two stars that I liked on the same day. The one I didn't buy was a little bigger and more 3-D, but I was afraid that it may be too heavy for my little artificial tree to handle. And althought I'm excited about this star... the little spring-shaped thing that's supposed to go on the top point of the tree is too short and caused that branch to bend in a very Charlie-Brown-Christmas-tree kind of way. Yikes! So I removed that and used a twist-tie from the packaging to secure it onto the tree at the base and the top just rests in place. As long as nobody bumps the tree, we are in business! :)



On another note, here is a recent layout. Wow! Remember those cheeks? What a cutie! I hand felted the butterfly and didn't think it would work out. It was the ugliest thing ever... but I kept fiddling with it and had the brilliant idea to fold it in half and work the felting needle into the body to make it more dimensional. And it actually worked and took the butterful from wonky to wonderful! Thank goodness! :)



I'm working on tons more... most is due on Monday to the scrapbook store, plus teacher gifts for school... only 12 days until Christmas and only 1 week until winter break at school! So next week you'll see some brand new layouts of past winters and Christmases... and hopefully the cool items I was able to pull off for A~'s teachers... I hope!

much love,
erin

No comments: