Saturday, August 8, 2009

August DT Pages and Projects

Well... since it's the 8th... it's about time that I post my August projects here. I already posted my favorite, but there's more to share! :)

For my 2 page layout this month I really wanted to focus on the orange patterned paper. I love orange! The colors looked great with the photos from the pumpkin patch a couple of years ago. The letters are from KI Memories and were printed to match some paper I've had for ages. I ran some cardstock through my Xyron to cover them. It took some effort to trim, but it's a great way to recyle patterned letters!


My altered item is a 12x12 welcome sign. The base is chipboard from Rusty Pickle. It's meant to be a 4 page book, but I borrowed one page for my wallhanging instead. I used some Maya Road chipboard pieces to accent it and foam Heidi Swapp letters. My favorite part is the roof of the house. I cut strips of cardstock with scalloped edged scissors and glued them on to really give it a cottage feel.



I made an extra 1 page layout featuring a friendly butterfly... actually he's on my knee in the photo! He didn't want to leave me alone! I like the serene color scheme here... lots of cream with green and pops of turquoise. Lovely!






Here are my cards. First a circular Hi card made from one of the die cut frames...




and then a simple patchwork card with a Basic Grey rubon. This Nestabilities die is my favorite... and this bracket shape makes every card look special!






thanks for stopping by!
erin

3 comments:

Jen said...

These are gorgeous!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous as always. Love that butterfly LO!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh that welcome sign is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it all :)