Monday, August 3, 2009

True Love - Circa 1949

I am so tired and must get to bed. It was a busy birthday partying weekend. Overall, quite successful... and busy... and tiring. :)


I can't let the weekend end without posting my newest favorite layout. A special thanks goes out to my Shel-bell for scanning the photo and sending it to me. You rawk! :)




I love this photo of Grandma and Grandpa and it took me almost a week to get the layout to be what I saw in my head. I hope that I did it justice. We aren't sure of the year... the photo came from a friend of theirs and nothing is written on it to give us a clue. We *think* it's from before my mother was born... and Grandma's obviously not expecting in the photo. :) We decided to date it "circa 1949" just to be safe. The journaling says "Grandma just adored her Alfred. He felt the same way about her."

Supplies: Lily Bee paper, Bo Bunny chipboard swirls, Kaisercraft pearls, a little die-cut from Recollections (their last Easter line), title is American Crafts Thickers and Making Memories tiny letters, lace from Fancy Pants, velvet ribbon is May Arts, and the white pen (and my horrible handwriting) is Signo Uniball. The buttons are from Grandma's own button jar.


thanks for stopping by,
erin

2 comments:

Jen said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh what a wonderful photo :) So glad you were able to scrap it so beautifully too.