Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snow and Spring



It's raining here today... and it just may melt away the last of the snow piles remaining from last month's blizzard. I know Adrianna is going to be sad about that. Every night when we come home, she gets out of the car and heads straight for the little mountains of icy snow to climb and slide around while I lock the car and get the mail. She's been begging for rainboots for months... so when she saw these at Walmart, her begging kicked into high gear. It worked and I caved and bought them. Now she is set for spring puddle-jumping! :)

Speaking of spring.... I was reading the Pantone color report for my Big Picture Scrapbooking class "Inspiration Defined" by Elizabeth Dillow. I noticed that soft lavenders were back. Hmmm, I thought. Purples really aren't my favorite colors to work with. Perhaps I'll concentrate more on the turquoise and tomato red. Around the same time, I read on a message board that Becky Fleck was having a sketch contest over at PageMaps and went to take a look. I loved the sketch and decided to try to use one big picture instead of three small ones. Next thing you know, I pulled out this photo of the crocuses a couple of years ago and scrounged through my scraps for some purples. A little adjustment was all it needed to fit. I didn't make it in time to submit for the contest... but at least I finished it!



I totally love this layout and have it displayed on my cookbook stand. With the cold rain, it's good to have a reminder of spring to look at! My favorite part... the journaling tag from Webster's Pages in the Bo Bunny bracket frame and I love, love, LOVE the little orangey-yellow buttons... a perfect match to the stamens peeking out of the centers of the flowers. The little things make me the happiest!

much love,
erin

3 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE that LO! Soooooooo beautiful!

Missus Wookie said...

really like the clusters of buttons you've used. I have bulbs flowering on my windowsill - definitely need reminders of spring.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Lovely layout - did you stamp the title?