Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow and Silliness



It was here.... snowstorm number six. Usually we only get two or three... and number six was a doosie (or it is a doozy?). Dulles International Airport ended up with just over 34 inches. I did not measure myself... and we are expecting 3 to 6 more inches on Tuesday to Wednesday. Yikes!

The Barretts took care of us with their plow and snowblower. Thank goodness! We made them homemade cutout sugar cookies (snowmen, of course!) and white chocoolate dipped Rice Krispie treats (the old recipe with all of the butter). Yum!

We had no television from late Friday until only an hour ago... I think the dish was buried on the roof... so Adrianna practiced her hula hoop spinning and hit a new record. 150 consecutive spins! Very impressive don't you think?





On another note, Adrianna got a pair of kid-sized Groucho Marz glasses at a birthday party last weekend (snowstorm number four!) and wanted one of us to try them on for a photo. Well, you know that nose and ears grow forever, right? And apparently I'm getting older... or at least my nose is getting bigger... because at first glance the picture here didn't appear to have a big, fake nose at all. In fact, it looked a lot like my real nose. Not fair! It looks cute on her though:



much love,
erin

3 comments:

Kylie said...

I feel for you guys, the storm went past us to the South. We only got about 4 inches. Good luck for the rest of the week.

Missus Wookie said...

yeah for 150 spins - that hula hooping is hard work. Hope your power and tv hold on... and nah, your nose is definitely smaller :)

Jen said...

y'all got hammered! I remember getting snow like that in DC in the 70's. My dad made igloos and snow tunnels for us! :)