Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The making of a mermaid

Hi all! It's been a bit busy here lately. The Halloween costume-making season is in full swing and we are surrounded by sparkly satin, organza, and sequins! This year A~ decided that she was going to be a mermaid. And that mermaid HAD to be purple and green. I tried to lure her with the lovely turquoise fabrics.. but... "NO Mommy! Mermaids are purple and green." Then I tried some lovely pinks (girls LOVE pink...right?). Once again I was rebuffed... "NO, NO! Purple and greeeeeennnn!" I tried to explain that the green was fine for a mermaid's tail, but the clothes could be any color at all. Well, as you can see... we have purple and green. :)
I'm sure she'll be lovely. I just hope I don't regret buying extra organza and green, sequiny fabric so that I could double the fins, and ruffles to make it extra special!


Much love,
erin

No comments: