Sunday, October 21, 2007

Trick or Treat!

This Saturday was the Autumn Adventure at the Reston Town Center. They have face painters, and kid's activities, hay ride, balloons, entertainment, and a hay maze all for the bargain price of $5. I didn't realize that it was so far ahead of Halloween... so Thursday night I was up until 2am and Friday night I finished the mermaid costume at 5:30am. After a 4 1/2 hour nap, I got A~ up and crossed my fingers that the costume would actually fit. Come to find that the measurements printed on the pattern for length use the length of the middle skirt piece... and don't really seem to take into account the fins on each side. So in a flurry of last minute sewing I created a pair of straps to hold the fins and snap around each wrist... so A~ wouldn't have to hold them the entire event. Not bad... but we'll have to come up with something else for the Candy Hunt next weekend! :)




Much love,


erin

3 comments:

Shan said...

Oh, here you go again - making the rest of us feel like we're not good parents because I'm not making an ELABORATE homemade costume! I hope you don't decoupage her a special Halloween bag - that might just push me over the edge!!! Oh, well. I made mine last year! At least I didn't buy premade costumes for the kids - I do have my limits, you know. Neva will be Hannah Montana (of course)so I found her a long, blonde wig and a super-cool outfit with tall, skinny black boots. Wyatt will be Wyatt Earp - complete with his cowboy hat, flannel shirt and cowboy boots. He's very excited about his big-boy boots! I think we will FINALLY be carving pumpkins tonight (we've been saying that for over a week). We've all been under the weather, though, so that doesn't help. I'm sooooo glad I can finally see your photos (and I finally remembered my own password so I can comment). Talk to you soon! Love you! PS - Give that mermaid a big kiss from me!

Geri said...

Oh what a little cutie!

Jaime Lynne said...

Wow! Erin. You did such a fabulous job on this costume. The pics are going to make for some awesome scrapbooking los. Can't wait to see them.

Great job again!

Jaime from MTSB.