Sunday, May 17, 2009

Inside Work vs. Outside Work

This is the time of year that it gets a little crazy. The regular indoor chores are still there... plus a little spring cleaning to boot. And the outdoor chores are multiplying like bunnies... weeds here, edging there, tall grass everywhere. I find myself heading outside to take out the trash and notice a few new weeds. I pause to pull *just them* nothing more..... and 30 to 45 minutes later I'm still at it. Yikes! Sometimes Adrianna will say "are you going outside, mommy?" ... 'cause she knows it *could* take a while to make a quick trip to the recycle bin. :)


Last weekend was so nice weather-wise that I think I spent the entire time outside. Despite that, there is still so much more to go... and the plans in my head would take years of work and a bigger budget. Adrianna and I had a great time at the garden center. I got a pink cultivater so she is psyched to help out. Anything pink, right? She picks out an annual each year to plant in a pot. Ironically, every year she picks out a geranium. She looks through the entire greenhouse to find the perfect plant... and always a geranium. This year it is peachy-pink with purple streaks on the leaves. I'm not really a geranium fan, but she does look pretty cute planting it - don't ya' think?






New for me... a spirea (I think "Reeves", but got one without a tag... must go back and check), a bee balm, shasta daisy, a new phlox - purple with white centers and a silver and gold plant( of the chrysanthemum family).


This weekend I was forced to come inside and clean all the stuff I skipped last weekend.... or at least *some* of it! Mom, I actually dusted AND vacuumed. Usually I just straighten and vacuum. Dusting is to be avoided at all costs, at least in my humble opinion. :)


I also am attempting to organize the scrapping area... although it's stuck in disaster mode right now. I know it has to get worse before it gets better... but why THAT much worse? I had to take a break from organizing to get some actual scrapbooking done. I am working on a new DT kit and finshed one layout today. I forgot to share April's projects... so here goes. I had a great time with the Bo Bunny papers. The backs with the tone-on-tone prints are so versatile you could use them for almost any style. The coordinating stickers/alpha sheet was nice to have too... and I used those alphas for 2 layouts and the altered item and I still have quite a few left!


First my little skater girl. The colors in her shirt were just perfect for these Bo Bunny papers. Love the black Prima bling flourish! I cut the part that was going to be hidden underneath the journaling tag and put it on the other side. A little harder to place and keep the shape... but nice to get a two-fer.






Next up - and old photo of Sergio and Adrianna outside Famous Dave's. I love this pic... and ordered an 8x12 enlargement... but they gave me 4 copies on accident! I cut this one down and hid another photo and the journaling behind it.
And the inside....



My final layout was of me and Donna Downey at the Get Croppin' event a couple of years ago. The shadow around the photo is a transparency lifted with pop dots. I finished everything and couldn't come up with a title... so I ended up having to squeeze it in. Funny thing is I love how it turned out. I guess I was right to keep plugging away at it... this was option number four at least. :)


Here is my all-occasion card with a sticker from BB's sticker sheet, and button and a little doodling with the AC gel pen. Simple and cute! I love how the double-side paper on the inside peeks out!





My altered item was a little gift card holder I picked up at WalMart a few years ago. A perfect blank slate.... and I know I took pics of it, but who knows where I put them or what I called them. So just trust me that it was simple and cute! ;-)

Anyways... gotta get to bed. Work tomorrow after all!

much love,
erin

No comments: