Sunday, May 3, 2009

Out Of My Comfort Zone

I've been lurking over at Method Playground for some time, checking out the bi-weekly challenges. I often add the challenge to my to-do list... but, as is often the case with lists, I just don't get to everything on it. Yesterday I looked at the challenge again. I had seen it before and dismissed it as not really for *me*. The challenge was to use magazine pages in/on your layout. I don't have many magazines... and the ones I do get are promptly recycled after reading (well... except for the new Family Handyman mags from my parents - I am saving those in hopes of putting them to good use!). I figured I would just wait until Monday and a new challenge was posted.





Late last night I started cleaning up my guestroom/scrap space/storage area. I happened upon a couple of mags that I bought for my last plane ride and started flipping through them... was there anything I needed to keep, I thought? I passed an ad for Children's Place with pretty spring dresses and the title "Spread a little sunshine." Aha!!! There it was! I pulled out my punches and started punching out parts for my page. I pulled out some new sheets of paper I just picked up... some Basic Grey, Sassafrass Lass, and Pink Paislee. I flipped through some older pics..... and about an hour later it was all done. The magazine, collage thing isn't me.... but I think I pulled off a very "erin" page even though it wasn't something I would normally do! Yeah me! :)




These pictures were taken in Atchison, Kansas, at Shel-bel's softball game. The other team was beating them to a pulp, and it was a long and painful event. I brought some bubbles for Wyatt and Adrianna to play with... and Neva took over the bubble blowing so that they could concentrate on the bubble popping. We were having such a great time!


much love,
erin

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome!!! Cool challenge too - I'll have to keep it in mind! :)

Q Tea Kits said...

Great layout - love how you incorporated the challenge into your general scrapping style! Thanks for playing along :) - dQ

tee said...

great job erin
how funny i have been lurking on that site also ! are you going to try this weeks challenge?
hope all is well in your part of the world
t