Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally success!

First the update: the baby robins are gone. We noticed the nest and four chicks first on a Monday or Tuesday... by Thursday one of the little ones was stuck underneath the nest with mom and dad encouraging him. The next day there were definitely only 2 babies left in the next. By Memorial Day the next was empty and abandoned. Wow, they sure grow up fast! ... and next time I know to take photos every single day no matter what. :)


I've been trying to carve out time for a blog update since Saturday... and now that it's Tuesday, it's finally happening. I almost climbed into bed... but decided a quick post was in order.

The weekend was busy. My boss and I went to the Lucketts Fair... lots of antiques and cool finds. Some overpriced, some reasonable, and some cheap.... we like cheap! I found some loose typeface and a Christmas present. It's my first Christmas find this year and I am behind. I like to have all the grownups figured early out so only the kiddies are left. I had better get to work. Jacki had a lot of luck and left with a wicker rocker, wicker planter, chandelier, and candelabra... oh... and a tea ball for only $2! The weather was great during the day and we had a lot of fun.

Sunday I did yardwork and went on full poison ivy detail... the works.... long pants, long-sleeved shirt, hat, and my trusty yellow dish gloves. Mama said that I probably looked like Grandma Matusek out there. I set out to clear some of the weeds in the far back section of the property with my weeding tool, trash bags, and a bucket of soapy water for cleaning my tools afterwards. I dug and pulled and wrestled two trash bag full out of the ground. At one point I discovered one poison ivy vine up against the tree trunk that was truly enormous... over 1 inch in diameter at the root! I got a chunk of it out, but need to do some serious digging to finish it off.

Adrianna was in rare form Sunday night and seemed to be doing a Christina Aguilera impersonation. Here is she is in full "yo" mode. Absolutely hilarious. Six going on sixteen of course. "Peace, dude."



I have more to share... but will save it for now. Here is one of my June projects for Scrapbooks Plus. This was the first layout I made... love the photo with Adrianna's blurred feet in the background waiting for me to finish. I have a love affair with drops of water... they fascinate me completely. Watering the plants can be mesmerizing... I'll find myself just standing there marveling at how they make everything look beautiful and magical and fresh... ahh....




Anyways.... off to bed...
much love,
erin

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Glad to hear the Robin's all made it! I can't believe how fast they grew up!

Jen said...

That picture is amazing! Love the LO!