Sunday, June 7, 2009

No New Pics... So New Layouts!

I've been busy working on my poison ivy abatement program... and with the 2.5 inches of rain we got at the end of the week, yesterday was ideal for pulling that horrible stuff up out of the ground. It didn't have a chance, with the ground being so mushy. We have so many weeds growing together, that I have to pull everything in order to get to the poison ivy.... grass, old plants from several owners back, grapevine, honeysuckle, other assorted thorny weeds... yuck! I should take before and after shots... but never think about it until I'm already knee deep in weeds. I pulled 2 big, black lawn and leaf bags full. There's still a lot more to go, but it's a start.



Since I haven't done anything of real interest and don't have any new photos.... I'll finish sharing my new layouts from June's DT work.



Here's a layout of Neva and Shel-bel at Galveston Beach last June. Adrianna saw the layout and commented, "But Mom, where am I?" Guess I need to expand my subject matter, huh? {grin} This one is loosely based on a Becky Fleck sketch from her PageMaps book... specifically the photo cropped into a circle and the title and journaling placement. Some of the rest I changed around a bit.








I made a pair of cards using a flower stamp as a paper piecing pattern. I actually really like these... and they are all made from scraps.






The orange jewels are from Kaiser craft... just love them!




For my altered project, I made a small mini album of our June 2008 beach day trip. The base was a Rucky Pickle tag book I've had for ages.







The best part is the photos I took going to the beach and leaving the beach. I took these from the middle seat, holding the camera over my head, snapping the girls behind me blind.... a little off center, but really pretty darn good!








The book was long and skinny.... with pages that could accommodate photos about 3 by 5... so I included some vertically oriented photos and just let them hang over the top edge. Who is that gorilla? {wink}









I finished one more layout last night... I try to use everything I can before tossing the bits and putting the leftovers in my stash... but I haven't taken a photo of it yet. I'll share it next time!

much love,
erin

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

Wow love that tag book!