Sunday, June 28, 2009

Inspired!

Friday I took a vacation day to go to the Great American Scrapbook Convention just up the road in Chantilly. I signed up for only one class this time around, since the last couple of times I really didn't like the ones I chose. The class was a Pink Paislee class - LOVE their stuff - and we made a really cool altered item/page to display. I stayed up until almost 4am Friday night finishing the project (trying to get the title to fit on it!) and yesterday I made the two coordinating pieces. You know it's a good class when you actually finish it right away! I can't wait to hang them up!

Our instructor was Staci Etheridge and you can see her originals here. The class was great... her instructions were well-timed, commentary interesting, and, since she's a Texan, we got some authentic y'all's in there too. Bonus! It didn't hurt that I won a package of the Pink Paislee fabric strip flowers. Yum! :)
My pieces follow hers fairly closely, with just a few changes... I added a few Rusty Pickle buttons and put Dymo word strips on each one. I liked her photos with the white mats... but I there was no way I could get my little house off and shifted over (wow, self-adhesive chipboard that actually sticks!). Since I couldn't put the mat on each of them, I thought it best to leave them off altogether. I added a little door to my house... in part to add another outlined piece and in part to break up the strong pattern on it.



I had serious difficulty with the tree. Staci used a circle sticker... but since I changed the background, that wasn't an option. After several failed attempts at sketching a cloud-like shape, I pulled out my tin of Maya Road trees and traced one. I wish I could take credit - 'cause it looks fab!


Anyways... back to work. My Design Team projects for the store are due on Wednesday and I have a lot left to do! ... not to mention the yard work, house work, grocery shopping.... bleh! I work on Monday for payroll and then am off the rest of the week... so I may put off the groceries until then. As long as we have enough milk and bread! :)


much love,
erin

7 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!!!

Tara O said...

LOVE this! What a great idea!

domestic.blizz said...

Thanks for sharing. These look so cool and would make great gift ideas.

Valerie Bishop said...

These are so awesome!! You did such a great job! TFS!!

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Totally awesome!!! I always love your work. ;)

GmaSnooky said...

These are great! Your work is always such fun to look at. TFS!

Tricia said...

These are amazing! Thanks for sharing - what talent!