Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cards, Cousins & Good Times



I just wanted to share a couple of the projects I finished up for July. I was really inspired by the Bo Bunny papers and found everything coming together really quickly this month. The red, white, and blue is not what I normally pick up... I'm more of a greens and browns person. And, well, Adrianna's outfits usually require a fair amount of pink. But I guess it's good to do something a wee bit different.

First up, this great photo of Adriana with Neva and Wyatt outside of Pappadeaux's in Houston. {The dinner there was fabulous. I'm still wishing for more of the spaghetti squash that was on Shan's plate. It was SO good! My food was delicious too... 'cept I can't remember what it was. That's how it goes sometimes... I remember what I missed rather than what I got. Sad but true!}



I really worked on the little details, trying to layer pieces together. The papers are all Bo Bunny and the red scalloped floral piece under the title came from the little journaling spiral notebook that goes with the line. I added Basic Grey paper lace as well as kraft journaling stickers and borders. The large flowers are from Making Memories and the buttons are from Rusty Pickle. Although it's more layered than my usual, it's still fairly clean and neat. The title was causing me trouble... but finally a freak cutting accident brought it all together. Accidents work out for the best sometimes! :)





I am especially proud of my cards this month. The papers immediately reminded me of the Star Prints stamp set from Papertrey Ink last year. I splurged and ordered them just to get me motivated for the cards I knew I'd have to make. Their stamps are so very nice. Great quality, great packaging, very well thought out. Perfect for card makers. I drool over them often.







When I was window shopping in Reston, I popped into Paper Source and saw this woodgrain stamp from Hero Arts. Right away I knew it would be perfect for card fronts... it's just the size to cover a standard card. I picked it up and tried stamping with embossing ink and clear embossing powder on brown cardstock. I love how it turned out! Simple and fun! I only added a photo corner sticker and some scraps leftover from layouts to finish it off.



I have a few more projects... but I'll share them next time.

much love,
erin

No comments: