Thursday, July 22, 2010

October Afternoon In June

You know that the October Afternoon papers I picked out didn't make it in time for my DT month at the store. Lucky for me, they did decide to use them the following month... so I did get to play with the yummy patterns after all.


I was really happy with my two-pager. The idea to make my larger photos look like old postcards using deckle-edged scissors was a winner. I added the title to the large photo in Photoshop Elements and then finished the title with a shot I took of the orchard sign.




My sketch layout took a little finessing until I was happy with it. The bright papers just made me smile... the blue is Sprinklers and the yellow is Dandelions. Yummy!


This one of Adrianna at the playground was the last one I finished, but I think I love it the most. Love the orange, love the buttons, and love, love, love her pose!



It's hard to believe that this layout is from the same papers. Using the pale pink cardstock and selectively cutting up the Ice Cream paper gives the line a completely different look. Alas, I still have to add the journaling... but I'm not sure if I want to talk about books in general or the book she's holding (It's time for bed... the illustrations are so beautiful and the words just lul you to sleep). Hey mom, recognize the onesie? :)


I still have a few more to share, but it's getting late and I need to get to sleep.
much love to everyone,
erin





1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Cute pose :) Really like these papers too.