Sunday, July 11, 2010

In The Pink


Yesterday was Adrianna's first dance class. She picked out a couple of leotards... including this one with a little attached skirt. Of course they both are pink. Pink is her favorite, and it works well for little ballerinas, so it's a good fit. I have to admit, it is totally adorable! The class is a Ballet/Jazz/Tap combo class... so maybe next week I'll get some tap shots to share.


Although I was tempted to take some pictures through the classroom window, there was a mob of moms and grandmoms blocking the way for almost the entire time. That's okay... these turned out very cute!


Not cute at all... but kind of funny are my surprise pink feet. I was spray painting the new lamp we bought for Adrianna's room. Later, we headed to Walmart to take care of our shopping list. On the way into the store I noticed a pink line on my foot. Upon closer inspection, I found that I had the outlines of my flip flops sprayed on my feet... but not around the flip flops, only underneath. How exactly does that happen? Not sure, but I got to walk around all day making sure that my flip flops didn't shift and expose my "operator error"... too funny!


We finally got some rain yesterday and I went out to check on the garden. We've kept the rabbits and groundhogs at bay with my little 3 foot fence... but the deer discovered my tomatoes and did a number on them. :( I had put extra cages up around my Juliette to make it a little bit harder to reach and they don't seem to like the squatty Roma plants much, so my two Lemon Boys took the brunt of the attack. Hopefully they'll recover. The neighbor has lost most of her plants to the deer so I guess they are shifting over to us. I keep turning the side house light on at night and checking on them periodically, but no deer sighting yet.



This is the garden in mid-June. My great idea this year was to snake a soaker hose through the length of the garden as I planted everything. I can pop out first thing in the morning and turn the water on and then turn it off an hour later when I go to work. Much easier than dragging watering cans back and forth! I may get more of these for the side flower beds once they are finished and planted and do the same thing.


That's all for now!

much love,
erin

No comments: