Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crop til you Drop Contest

I'm participating in the Crop til you Drop contest on the ScrapGoods web-board and wanted to share the first two entries. Thursday we get the challenge and it's due by Monday at midnight. Each week we have voting to see who moves one until we get to the top three. We'll see how many weeks I make it!

The first layout required at least 2 patterned papers, bling brads, flower and punches used creatively. We could add anythinge else, but had to include the minimum. I used 4 Basic Grey papers from the Sultry line. Bling brads for the flower center and to accent the flower. I used 2 sized of corners punches with the guards off to make the alternating scallop border. I also used a tag punch and folded the tags to make "petals" for my flower.

The second layout had limited supplies: only 2 patterned papers, 1 sheet of cardstock, pictures, a journaling block, and unlimited ribbon and/or fiber. We couldn't add to this list... no doodling, inking, stickers, or anything. I decided to cut my pictures into the title and made a flower from wide ribbon. I used 2 Basic Grey papers again... this time from the Recess line, and a journaling paper from Making Memories... just love those little notebooks!

Thanks for looking and wish me luck!
erin

No comments: