Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mystery Visitor

I just love the Phlox plants I have out in front. They just get prettier each year! All kinds of bugs and butterflies love to visit them too. Today we got a new visitor... but I don't know what he was. He zipped around and left several times, only to circle right back. I tried to get a picture... but he's a little blurry. Sorry! (FYI-He's at the bottom of the upper white flower... his wings point right into the spaces in the pink flower.) His head is green and his wings were so fast that they might as well have been clear. His tail was red faded into black and kind of reminded me of a lobster tail (crazy, I know). When I zoom in I can see antennae... so no hummingbird. This was the only shot I got as he kept circling behind the flower. So... if you know what it is, please let me know!


much love,

erin

No comments: