Friday, July 11, 2008

Things that make me happy...

I am probably one of the most difficult people on the face of the earth to shop for. My poor family has to struggle to pick out something that they hope I will like. It is not an easy task. I'm quite picky! :) I try to keep a running list of things I'd like to buy, but haven't yet bought myself, so that if people need an idea, I have some ready and waiting!

This year everyone outdid themselves. Everything they picked was a winner!

First Dad picked out this rotating composter (SO cool)! It was a bit of a struggle to assemble, not to mention get out the door... made me wonder how big is the full sized composter! Luckily I did have a little helper to hand me the washers and nuts on command. She did a great job! That's her inside. She held the nuts still while I worked on tightening the bolts for all the seams. As you can see... I can compost a small child in this thing. Now I need to find enough stuff to fill it up and get it working!



Then, the ladies at work got me, among other things, this uber-cool apron that I've been eyeing for almost 2 years. It's so retro and fun... and I make a big mess when I bake - so an apron really is a necessesity. It's by Jessie Steele and can be found on the Gourmand Apron Creations website under "Apron Boutique." She has some little girl-sized aprons too. Very tempting.. .and wouldn't that look cute on A~ while baking Christmas cookies? The bows are pinned on and I haven't decided if I'll put them back on after I wash it or leave it plain. I love the shaped hem and the red trim... and I think it would look just as cute without the bow accents. A~ loved taking pics of me in it after work yesterday. It's just hard to hold a good smile long enough for her to get ready and actually take the picture. I think my smile looks a little frozen here... but the apron looks good!


I would be remiss if I didn't that my freezer is packed with real Texas sausage, courtesy of Mamasan. (Thanks, Mamasan!) It's actually the second birthday in a row that I've received this treat. Lucky me! Unfortunately everyone here (Sergio and A~) likes the sausage too... so I am obligated to share. Bummer!
Thanks for everything!
much love,
erin

1 comment:

The Apron Muse said...

Dear Erin,
Today I had a visitor to my website, Gourmand Apron Creations, thanks to your beautiful picture and lovely words about your new apron! You look adorable in it, and I appreciate your 'vote of confidence'. You never know where your aprons are going to 'pop up', and it is inspiring to know the love of aprons is being introduced to a new generation! Bon appetit! From The Apron Muse at www.MyAprons.com
xoxoxo