Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot Off of the Presses!

First up, my layout for ScrapGoods' Crop Til You Drop Contest. This week's challenge was to use no adhesive at all in creating our layout. I used papers from Pink Paislee and Sassafrass Lass. The orange die cut paper is one I've been holding onto just waiting for the right project! To hold everything in place I used a combination of eyelets, brads, buttons, and photo anchors. I also machine stitched one piece and hand stitched along the design of the journaling block. The title is stamped with some of the Sandylion stamps from Kelly P. and accented with handwriting and doodling. I'm really happy with how it turned out! The photos are from May when our cherry tree was blown down in a storm. A~ always loved the cherries from that tree.... even though they weren't really that tasty. She was excited to be able to reach the fruit... as you can see in the photo, but sad to discover that the tree was not going to make it and that this year was the last crop for us.


Second up is a four generation photo we took in Houston on Mamasan's back patio. I used it for a scraplift challenge with some of the Cordinations cardstock... it has a color-coordinated core that you can see when you tear or distress it. I distressed the edges of the paper and used a ScrapGoods template for the corner design. The vinyl rubons from Scrap Works and ribbon came in the kit. I just had to add the Making Memories journaling stickers and the rubons for the title. Simple and elegant!

Wish me luck in making it through this weeks vote!

much love,
erin

No comments: