Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Update

Well it's Monday evening again... so that means that I've just finished my layout for ScrapGoods Crop Til You Drop contest. This week we are 15 and only 10 will move on to the next round. I've got my fingers crossed! :)

This week the challenge was to make a layout that included "love is," paint, and a heart. I found this picture of A~ when she was one and thought it would be perfect! If that isn't love, don't know what is!

This past weekend we had some big thunderstorms roll through and drop almost 2 inches of rain in about 2 hours. During the storm, A~ and I had some "television-free" time and decided to make tissue paper flowers. Now, mind you, I haven't made this since some time in elementary school... so I wasn't sure how they'd turn out. After folding the paper, I cut the ends into points to make it more shapely. Actually I think this is the best tissue paper flower I've ever created! A~ was impressed with my skills too! Of course, one would hope that I'd do a better job now that when I was say nine or so... but nonetheless I was impressed! Now we have 2 gorgeous, handmade tissue paper flowers adorning our house. ;-)


much love,
erin

1 comment:

tee said...

erin - i always love what you come up with on your layouts..
wonderful work and your daughter is really growing up - great aprons too!!
hope all is well in your world
t